Saturday, October 29, 2011

Daphne Odora



The white daphne odora that bloomed
on the sidewalk when I was younger
somehow has an adult scent
I really loved that white flower

In the park,
I played freely on the "revolving globe"
I got a little more cowardly since those times
so please protect me

I was watching the boat that was floating in a daze
which suddenly arrived in the ocean at night
Hey, don't laugh ok? Even those things make me
think happily of the younger me

I think that if we always share
things that we know with each other
even from now on
hey, would that be ok?

As always, the moments when I'm looking at your side
without being able to say anything
I think of the memories of a movie that I saw when I was young
& of the many small picture books that I've read

Even if we fight, I won't cry
but if I'm touched, I'll cry immediately
Even if they are just insignificant times in this universe,
I've come to live in this way

I got a little more cowardly since those times
so please protect me




*) a Matsu Takako song translation

No comments:

Post a Comment